We've all gone crazy lately...lately?

some random ramblings

Monday, June 25, 2007

Wow. This weekend has been an emotional roller coaster. Friday, I celebrated being one year sober. Everybody has been so wonderful. I got cake and cards at work and got to announce it at meetings. Sue took her gf and I out to dinner that evening. Her gf and I share the same anniversary date, just 20 years apart. Then at 12:30am Saturday, the nursing home called and said my grandmother had passed away. It is a little shocking, but also a relief. She lived a long, full life and had many health problems the last few years of her life. I don't know how to feel - happy or sad. Happy about being 1 year sober or sad because a loved one died.

Sue, her gf and I were hoping to get up to NYC for the gay pride parade, but her gf wasn't feeling well. I was upset at first, but realized how bad she felt. Oh well, there's always next year. I'm going to have to let Sue know the details about my grandmother's funeral. Wednesday is a private family viewing, then Friday is the graveside service. Nana will be creamated as per her wishes. I'll be sure to hit more meetings this week. Ok, I'm off to bed. TTFN. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home