We've all gone crazy lately...lately?

some random ramblings

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Wow. It has been a few weeks since I last posted. Ok, first things first - the Elton concert was awesome! Jason (my brother) and I had a great time. We had 7th row seats. The security guys were pricks so I wasn't able to get up to the stage this time. Elton's final encore was Your Song and right before he began singing, I yelled "I love you Elton!" People turned around to see who said that. Elton smiled. *sigh*

Work is going ok. I had to help at the front desk this past week since Rochelle had a death in the family and was out for 3 days since the funeral was in West Virginia. Kathy is out this coming week on vacation. Mom is still driving me to and from work since I now learned I can't drive until February 1, 2006. I saw my neurologist on Wednesday and he broke the bad news. (Not like he had much control over it. It is the law.) My ambulatory EEG - the 24 hour one - came back with abnormal activity. I told him about the symptoms I have had throughout my life as being those of simple partial seizures. I mentioned them occuring in the tempral lobe of the brain and that is where the abnormality was. It is hard to tell if I really had these partial seizures my whole life, but I do have a higher suceptability to seizures. I did have petit mals when I was 18 months old. I have been diagnosed as having Grand Mal Epilepsy. My Neurontin is at 900mg a day and we are keeping that dose for now.

Mood wise I am feeling better. I had been feeling a lot of anger and frustration recently, party due to not being able to drive. I saw my therapist on Tuesday and she helped me put things in perspective. I need to focus on the positive things in my life rather than the negative. Everything happens for a reason and these seizures were a wake up call that I need to make some changes in my life. My sponser, Sue, picked me up here at home and got me to some meetings this week. I got to 3 meetings - Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday nights. Sue and others are gonna help me to get out more. We will get together and do things. I am 11 weeks sober. Ok, I better head to bed. Goodnight. TTFN. Peace.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice site!
    [url=http://dlonxcqb.com/kzqi/qbtx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fehxbbro.com/lglg/eagu.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 4:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good design!
    http://dlonxcqb.com/kzqi/qbtx.html | http://apdrfntu.com/reaz/oodn.html

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home