We've all gone crazy lately...lately?

some random ramblings

Sunday, July 17, 2005

I forgot to mention that I went to the Philadelphia Freedom Concert on July 4th. I had won a pass off Elton's website. I managed to get into the front row. The concert was terrific! Bryan Adams, Patti Labelle, Rufus Wainright, Peter Nero and the Philly Pops. Bruce Vilanch and Wayne Brady hosted the concert. I met a local DJ named Pierre Robert from 93.3FM WMMR. He's a local radio legend. As I was walking into the concert, I was right behind John Mahon from Elton's band. I put my hand on his back and said "Excuse me, sir" as I walked by. He kinda turned and looked at me. After I finally got in the front row, I got to pat Billie Jean King on the shoulder as she walked by me. I was originally seated farther back, but asked a security guard where was I supposed to be and he pointed down front. I think I was the only one with one of the free passes who asked and got down front. It's not like I could have asked on behalf of all 350 of us who won the passes. When I was down front, the people seemed to be the ones who paid $500 to sit down there or had gone to the ball. The ball and concert were to raise AIDS/HIV awareness. The ball raised over $1.5 million for the Elton John AIDS Foundation and some local charities. WAY TO GO ELTON! Thank you for a great show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home