We've all gone crazy lately...lately?

some random ramblings

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I had a good day Monday. I had an assessment with a D&A (drug and alcohol) therapist and I start outpatient therapy this week. I didn't get to work until around 11 am. Two of my co-workers were out. My friend, Robin, just got back from vacation. We don't have any doctors in on Mondays, but the front desk was very busy. I relieved Robin so she could go to lunch then helped her out for a while. The phones would not stop ringing! I didn't get as much done as I had liked to have, but that's life. I didn't have lunch until almost 4:00 - baked potatoes YUMMY! I went to my group, which went well. Man. I was in one of my moods. Too much caffeine and too little sleep - wired and punchdrunk. I tend to use humor as a coping mechanism - damn I hang out with therapists too much. I have a strange sense of humor and am quick witted. I tend to do the smart ass, rapid fire approach. Anything for a laugh.

Today went well. I was able to get some work done and help out at the front desk. Both receptionists were in, but so was a doctor so it was busy. One of our charts went AWOL so we had to get things straightened out, which we did. I finally got my PIN number so I can e-sign my application for financial aide. I'm going to enroll with the University of Phoenix and take online courses. I'm going to work on a Bachelor's in Information Technology. I can get it in 2-3 years so I'm very excited. I'm in dire need of a career change. I don't want to be a data entry pinhead for the rest of my life. I don't think that would help my carpal tunnel or broken thumb. (old injury that never healed properly) It's my left thumb. It was broken at the joint so it doesn't bend and, of course, I write left handed. I'm going to have to have surgery on it. My mom suggested having it done in the winter since driving in bad weather sucks. I'll be out of work for a few days so I need to stay caught up and save up my sick time. I'm going to an AA meeting tonight at 7:30. I'll try and write more later. TTFN. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home